openjpa-users mailing list archives

From David Minor <davemi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FetchGroup and EhCache Datacache
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 22:10:04 GMT
I reported something similar 5 years ago:

I've long since abandoned the data cache, and just cache things myself
after retrieval.

From: Gerald Barker <gerald_barker@psfc.coop>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 1:43 PM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: FetchGroup and EhCache Datacache

If I retrieve an object that gets cached (method is Cacheable) according to
fields in a fetch group in a query and then do another query for the same
object, but with a different fetch group and fields (more eagerly loaded
fields) then the second query is resolved in the cache with the eagerly
fetched fields from the first query, but not the second.

Is this the expected behavior (it is not the desired behavior).