openjpa-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving from OpenJPA 2.0.1 to 2.3.0: fields not found
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 22:52:34 GMT
Lionel,
Related to my comment about the earlier messages in the log...  Have you
looked at the earlier messages?  Do you get any errors when doing the build
time enhancement?  Any errors when the Entities are first loaded into your
application?

Are you running OpenJPA as part of an Application Server, or as part of a
standalone Java SE application?

If the latter, any other OpenJPA properties getting set on the Java
invocation?

Just trying to figure out if there's some hiccup related to the enhancement
processing where some of the Entities in your project are getting enhanced,
while others are not.

Kevin

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lionel,
> I would suggest trying to turn on Trace, but there doesn't seem to be a
> lot of tracing in this particular area of the code...  :-(  It still might
> be worth a shot.  Maybe an earlier log entry might shed some light on why
> this is going awry...
>
> I'm going to suggest one quick change just to see if it makes a
> difference.  It shouldn't, but I stumbled on this the first time I read
> your code, so maybe the OpenJPA code is making the same mistake...
>
> Instead of referencing a final String field for your mappedBy field, what
> happens if you just insert the actual string?  For example, instead of...
>     mappedBy = CAService._domainFieldName,
> do this...
>     mappedBy = "domains",
>
> I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it might isolate the source of
> the error if this does work.
>
> Thanks, Kevin
>
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Lionel <lsavouillan@axway.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> First, thanks a lot for your answer. :)
>>
>> In the past, we were using an ant build the project so also to run the JPA
>> enhancer but for a company strategy reason we are moving to a maven build
>> process.
>> And when I did it, we've seen that there is a maven plugin to do the JPA
>> enhancer.
>> So that's why :)
>>
>> I just put back the default PersistenceProviderImpl and sadly, I had the
>> same result. :(
>>
>>
>> <provider>org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl</provider>
>>
>>
>>
>> To try to isolate the issue and, tonight, we will just replace the JPA
>> version inside the existing project (built with ant) just to validate that
>> has really no link with the enhancement.
>>
>> I will also try to upgrade openJPA version one by one to be sure from
>> which
>> the error appears and give additionnal data tomorrow.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/Moving-from-OpenJPA-2-0-1-to-2-3-0-fields-not-found-tp7587168p7587176.html
>> Sent from the OpenJPA Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message