openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Christian Bjørnbak <...@touristonline.dk>
Subject Slow startup when using a postgresql db and connecting remotely
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 06:02:38 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to get opencms that uses openjpa to connection to a remote
postgresql db.

When I start opencms on my laptop at home connecting to a database in the
office it takes minutes to start..

I had the same experience with another app using hibernate but here I
solved it by using this "secret" setting:
hibernate.temp.use_jdbc_metadata_defaults. See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10075081/hibernate-slow-to-acquire-postgres-connection

Does openjpa have a similar setting to avoid reading all metadata?

Opencms uses apache commons dbcp as a layer between openjpa and the
postgresql driver. I don't know if this influences solving the problem?

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,

Christian Bjørnbak

Chefudvikler / Lead Developer
TouristOnline A/S