openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Boblitz John <john.bobl...@bertschi.com>
Subject RE: <openjpa-1.2.1-runknown nonfatal general error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 15:39:17 GMT
Maybe this will help:

publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2.udb.msg.doc%2Fdoc%2Fsql1035.htm

SQL1035N
The database is currently in use.
Explanation:

One of the following conditions exists:

    There are open connections to the database preventing the attempted operation from succeeding.
This can occur in the following situations:
        Exclusive use was requested, but the database is already in use as a shared database
by another user (in the same process).
        Exclusive use was requested, but the database is already in use as an exclusive database
(Two different processes are trying to access the same database).
        The maximum number of connections to the database has been reached.
        The database is being used by another user on another system.
    The database has been activated explicitly, preventing the operation from succeeding.
    The database is active because it is in WRITE SUSPEND state.

The command cannot be processed.
User response:

    Valid options are:
        Resubmit the command later when the database is not in use.
        Change the authorization to match the current user or wait until the database is not
in use.
        Wait until the database is not in exclusive use.
        Wait until other users on another system have disconnected from the database
        Issue a QUIESCE DATABASE DEFER WITH TIMEOUT <minutes> command and a CONNECT
RESET command to free connections to the database and prevent application users from re-connecting.
The DEFER option will wait for applications until they commit the current unit of work instead
of rolling back all running transactions.
        Issue a LIST APPLICATIONS command to list connections to the database. Issue a FORCE
APPLICATION ALL command to free connections to the database. Note: FORCE APPLICATION ALL is
an asynchronous command which might return as successful even though it is still continuing
to clean up connections. A varying interval of time might be required for the command to complete.
    Deactivate the database using the command DEACTIVATE DATABASE <DBALIAS>.
    Issue a SET WRITE RESUME FOR DATABASE command to resume write operations for the database.

Re-issue the command.

For more information on the syntax of commands, and related topics, search the Information
Center (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9) using phrases such as "force application",
"deactivate database", and "quiesce database".

sqlcode: -1035

sqlstate: 57019