openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jason Reilly <jdr0...@renci.org>
Subject Re: Java enum column incompatibility warning
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 20:30:24 GMT
With OpenJPA 2.2.2, the generated column length for an
@Enumerated(EnumType.STRING) is varchar(255) in Postgresql.  With an
upgrade to OpenJPA 2.3.0, I think that the expected column length is the
length of the Enum's longest value....usually shorter than 255
characters.  I suspect this could problematic (at least annoying) if the
database schema was first created with OpenJPA 2.3.0 and the database
column length had to be adjusted every time I add a new Enum that is
longer than the previously longest Enum value.