openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Alice <ashanai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Issue with OpenJPA default cache, use external cache
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 23:39:36 GMT
When we use OpenJPA's cache, there are issues when retrieving data with
foreign key constraints. For example, we have an entity A with FK entity B.
We add a row in Table A and save it. We create a row in table B and set it
to A. When we retrieve that data now, if cache is enabled, it will only get
A, and not B. This happens only in cases where the FK was created and saved
after parent entity was saved.

Right now, we disabled cache to get around this issue, but we may run into
performance issues later on.

Is there a way to fix this issue? Can we use an external cache provider like
memcache or ehcache?

thanks,

Alice