openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Anja <anja.limb...@it.nrw.de>
Subject Re: Using PostgreSQL sequences with db user restrictions
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:54:24 GMT
>From what I understand I don't see a connection with OPENJPA-2069.

The application works fine if the db user is the sequence owner.

The exception only arises if the db user is not allowed to alter the
sequence and thus the ALTER SEQUENCE statement fails.
I had looked at this issue which might be related:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2196>
The ALTER SEQUENCE statement fails and I get the warning mentioned in that
discussion:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2196?focusedCommentId=13409478&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13409478
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2196?focusedCommentId=13409478&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13409478>

But still Postgres doesn't seem to accept any more statements within the
same transaction after the ALTER SEQUENCE statement and an exception is
thrown at the following db statement.

If ALTER SEQUENCE is avoided, the application also works fine.