openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Meyer, Tobias" <tobias.me...@capgemini.com>
Subject RE: Callback before items are persisted
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:34:23 GMT
Hi Jim,

could you provide some same sample code?
If your entity has values set before persist is called, then I can't imagine how they would
disappear when the PrePersist callback method is invoked.
Example 3.5.3 in the JPA 2.0 spec shows that you should be able to access persistent fields/properties
of your entity in the context of a PrePersist callback.

Tobias

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Talbut [mailto:jtalbut@spudsoft.co.uk]
Sent: Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013 17:15
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Callback before items are persisted

Hi,

I want to modify a couple of persisted columns in an entity based on
data in other columns (basically caching some stuff from related entities).
I was under the impression that a lifecycle listener on PrePersist would
make this easy - but that is called from within the call to persist,
which is before any columns in the new entity have any values at all.

There doesn't seem to be any callback that is called just before an
object is written the database, is this true?

Thanks.

Jim

Firma: Capgemini Deutschland GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Schulte (Sprecher) • Dr. Uwe Dumslaff • Josef Ranner
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Antonio Schnieder
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 98814
are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,