openjpa-users mailing list archives

From wlad <vvo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA not generating/mapping DB tables from EJB entities
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:41:28 GMT
Hi Kevin,

MY FAULT!!! I haven't created database before trying to map entities, and
that's why i was getting this connection exception (I am new to JEE world
and still learning).

Above code and settings are fine. I thought that persistence
provider(openJPA) is creating not only database tables, but database itself
also. I thought that, because of given "JdbcUrl property" in the datasource
definition (which contains db name). Obviously, i need to have created
database, and persistence provider is creating just tables to already
existing database. So, I have (explicitly) created database from mysql
terminal command "create database Vezbe09;" , deployed my app, run above ant
task that triggers openJPA, and I got tables in my database.

(To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed when i realized how obvious thing
i missed, so I thought it would be better to remove this topic)

Anyway, thanks for explanations.