openjpa-users mailing list archives

From lukair <luk.stad...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:54:53 GMT
Hi there,

We have a highly concurrent websphere application where we have a lot of
optimisticLockExceptions at the moment. I'd like to know if OpenJPA has a
feature like EclipseLink where I can directly adress the OptimisticLock
problem with @OptimisticLocking. (see for example
http://buttso.blogspot.ch/2009/10/exploring-eclipselink-optimistlocking.html)

What we would need, is a feature which works like
@OptimisticLocking(type=OptimisticLockingType.CHANGED_COLUMNS) (see link
before). This describes a locking implementation which checks each changed
field(and only those) if they were change during the process and only cause
a optimistic lock if so. This means, the Update Query will have a longer
where clause which checks for changes on only the updated fields.

I found the very same feature request in JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-1451 where Patrick writes
about Kodo's implementation, but isn't clear about how to do that
eventually.

Thanks,
Lukas