openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: OpenJPA 2.3.0 Release
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 14:33:20 GMT
I can kick off all the maven parts of the release.

I'm not sure what else do we need in terms of readme and JISA release notes housekeeping?
Is there a wiki page or any other documentation about it somewhere?

From my experience as Release Manager in other Apache projects I would have the following
tasks on my TODO list. And some of them need community involvement prior to starting the actual
release process

* go through all open JIRA issues which have 2.3 as target release. There might be some of
them which already got released. Then do the same for all open issues which show no apparent
target version.
* Check all resolved issues and file them into release notes.
* pick some low hanging fruits in terms of open tasks and resolve them if possible.
* run the TCK. As the current 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT is daily run by the TomEE build, I assume this
is already covered. Please not that while I'm JCP member, I have not yet filed any JPA TCK
NDA. So I cannot check this myself
* create a 2.3.x maintenance branch.

Any other tasks prior to firing up mvn release:prepare?

LieGrue,
strub