openjpa-users mailing list archives

From garpinc <garp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDK 1.7 seems to be causing an issue with latest snapshot
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:05:01 GMT
I'm trying to understand the code path here:
In trunk
In PCEnhancerAgent on line 98 it says:
premain("", inst);

so no args are passed to premain and I get following stack trace which
results in error:

Thread [main] (Suspended (breakpoint at line 105 in PCClassFileTransformer))
	owns: Class<T> (org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCEnhancerAgent) (id=46)
	PCClassFileTransformer.<init>(MetaDataRepository, PCEnhancer$Flags,
ClassLoader, boolean) line: 105
	PCClassFileTransformer.<init>(MetaDataRepository, Options, ClassLoader)
line: 67
	PCEnhancerAgent.registerClassLoadEnhancer(Instrumentation, Options) line:
187
	PCEnhancerAgent.premain(String, Instrumentation) line: 145
	PCEnhancerAgent.loadDynamicAgent(Log) line: 98
	PersistenceProviderImpl.loadAgent(BrokerFactory) line: 303
	PersistenceProviderImpl.createEntityManagerFactory(String, String, Map)
line: 98

In the config map passed to createEntityManagerFactory I'm passing my types:
openjpa.MetaDataFactory=jpa(Types=...

And I had previously called following which is build time enhancement:
        //run actual enhancer call: Using build time enhancement as per

//http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/2.2.0/apache-openjpa/docs/ref_guide_pc_enhance.html#ref_guide_pc_enhance_build
        PCEnhancer.run(ojc, eargs, eflags, null, writer, classLoader);

Despite the config I'm passing it's trying to instantiate a
ClassLoadEnhancer

Can someone please help me since I'm running out of options. I can join on
Skype and share screen so someone who knows can help me resolve problem. To
reiterate this code was all working in JDK 1.6

Thanks