openjpa-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Serdyn du Toit <dutoi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NoSuchMethodError pcGetManagedFieldCount() error
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2013 20:45:49 GMT
Okay, sorry - that was the last stacktrace and there was a previous one.
 So the error I'm still getting:

543  clusterdb  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData -
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
code.shared.AbstractDataBean.pcGetManagedFieldCount()Ijava.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
code.shared.AbstractDataBean.pcGetManagedFieldCount()I
at code.TestDataBean.<clinit>(TestDataBean.java)

I'll refactor my standalone project to just use a portable in-memory
database like HsqlDb and submit a bug attaching my code.  Except if there's
something wrong with the usage of @Id within a @MappedSuperClass as above?

Kind regards,
Serdyn du Toit



On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, can't get the standalone application to work due to another error.
> Not sure what's going on :/
>
> Stacktrace:
> INFO: Created cluster connection 'localhost:1186' with node id 0.
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
> code.TestDataBean
> at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
>  at
> org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.classForName(MetaDataRepository.java:1558)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.loadPersistentTypesInternal(MetaDataRepository.java:1534)
>  at
> org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.loadPersistentTypes(MetaDataRepository.java:1512)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.loadPersistentTypes(AbstractBrokerFactory.java:282)
>  at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.initializeBroker(AbstractBrokerFactory.java:238)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.newBroker(AbstractBrokerFactory.java:212)
>  at
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBrokerFactory.newBroker(DelegatingBrokerFactory.java:156)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:227)
>  at
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:154)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:60)
>  at test.OpenJpaTest.test(OpenJpaTest.java:19)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:45)
>  at
> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
> at
> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:42)
>  at
> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263)
>  at
> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:68)
> at
> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)
>  at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)
>  at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)
> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)
>  at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)
> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)
>  at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
>  at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
>  at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
> at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
>
>
> On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm still having this problem - even with the generics refactored out of
>> the code.
>>
>> I think there might be a problem with having the @Id on the
>> @MappedSuperclass.  If I have everything in just one object everything is
>> okay.  I'll see about creating some freestanding code where this happens -
>> but if someone can glean a solution from the code below that would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>> Stacktrace:
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> com.mycode.core.util.dao.databeans.AbstractDataBean.pcGetManagedFieldCount()I
>>  at
>> com.mycode.core.util.dao.testobjects.TestDataBean.<clinit>(TestDataBean.java:41)
>> at
>> com.mycode.core.util.dao.testobjects.TestDataBeanMockGenerator.generateMock(TestDataBeanMockGenerator.java:13)
>>  at
>> com.mycode.core.util.dao.testobjects.TestDataBeanMockGenerator.createMock(TestDataBeanMockGenerator.java:18)
>> at
>> com.mycode.core.util.dao.daos.test.TestDataBeanDao_RegressionTest.testCreate_Success(TestDataBeanDao_RegressionTest.java:14)
>>  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>  at
>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:45)
>> at
>> org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
>>  at
>> org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:42)
>> at
>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
>>  at
>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)
>> at
>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:30)
>>  at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263)
>> at
>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:68)
>>  at
>> org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)
>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
>>  at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)
>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)
>>  at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)
>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)
>>  at
>> org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)
>> at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
>>  at
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
>>
>>
>>
>> Class hierarchy:
>>
>> 1. Interface top of the object graph:
>> public interface IDataBean<DATABEAN extends IDataBean<DATABEAN>> {
>>
>> 2. Second layer:
>> @MappedSuperclass
>> public abstract class DataBean<DATABEAN extends DataBean<DATABEAN>>
>> implements IDataBean<DATABEAN> {
>>
>>     @Id
>>     public Long id = null;
>>
>> 3. Third layer
>> @MappedSuperclass
>> public abstract class AbstractDataBean<DATABEAN extends
>> AbstractDataBean<DATABEAN>>
>>  extends DataBean<DATABEAN> {
>>
>> 4. Concrete
>> @Entity
>> public class TestDataBean extends AbstractDataBean<TestDataBean> {
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Serdyn du Toit
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@apache.org>wrote:
>>
>>> The type of a field that represents persistent identity must be one of
>>> java.lang.Integer, Long etc.  and well-specified by JPA specification. A
>>> generic type (i.e. a type non-determinable at compile time) is not
>>> permitted
>>> by spec.
>>>
>>> > OpenJpa implementation might be struggling to determine the "id" field
>>> > type in my @MappedSuperclass
>>>
>>> It is a struggle that OpenJPA is bound to lose, as any compiler will as
>>> well.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Pinaki Poddar
>>> Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/NoSuchMethodError-pcGetManagedFieldCount-error-tp7584060p7584063.html
>>> Sent from the OpenJPA Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>
>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message