openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Adams <matt...@matthewadams.me>
Subject Re: Please vote to publish standard JPA 2.0 & 2.1 jars to Maven
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 02:25:46 GMT
@Chris, that's the problem.  There are many sources for these APIs, but no
"official" distro by the expert groups.  Every API produced by the JCP
should be published to a Maven repository (preferably Central), with a
groupId of "javax.whatever" and and artifactId of "whatever-api".  For
example, the JDO API & TCK has been in open source at Apache for many years
now.  Anyone can grab the TCK and run their implementation against it to
confirm compliance, and while the RI, DataNucleus, is not at Apache, it is
still in open source under the Apache license.

@Kevin, I'm on the JPA expert group, too, but it hasn't seemed to do much
good.  :)  I'd like to see the XML schemas included with this jar so people
have them.  I'd also give bonus points for proper OSGi manifest headers (as
JDO has been doing since 3.0.1).

-matthew

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Chris Wolf <cwolf.algo@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Apache Camel project gets them from the Geronimo project...
>
>     <geronimo-jms-spec-version>1.1.1</geronimo-jms-spec-version>
>     <geronimo-jpa2-spec-version>1.1</geronimo-jpa2-spec-version>
>     <geronimo-jta-spec-version>1.1.1</geronimo-jta-spec-version>
>
>       <dependency>
>         <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>         <artifactId>geronimo-jms_1.1_spec</artifactId>
>         <version>${geronimo-jms-spec-version}</version>
>       </dependency>
>       <dependency>
>         <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>         <artifactId>geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec</artifactId>
>         <version>${geronimo-jpa2-spec-version}</version>
>       </dependency>
>       <dependency>
>         <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>         <artifactId>geronimo-jta_1.1_spec</artifactId>
>         <version>${geronimo-jta-spec-version}</version>
>       </dependency>
>
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Right.  Many groups require the individual API jar files instead of
> relying
> > on the humongous javaee-api jar.  So, I still think this is a valid
> > request.  I will keep pushing...  :-)
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Matthew Adams <matthew@matthewadams.me
> >wrote:
> >
> >> It looks like the JEE 6 & 7 APIs, including JPA 2.0 & 2.1, were
> released,
> >> but I was more looking for an independent JPA jar.
> >>

> http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Cjavax%7Cjavaee-api%7C7.0%7Cjar
> >>

> http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Cjavax%7Cjavaee-api%7C6.0%7Cjar

> have

> JSRs?