openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA support for JPA 2.1: when?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:27:52 GMT
Good question, Matthew.  This has been brought up a couple of different
times...

http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/JPA-2-1-td7215602.html
http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/DISCUSSION-JPA-2-1-spec-implementation-td7581978.html

So, there's been some interest, but not an overwhelming interest.  Not to
the point of creating a team, figuring out the work effort, and divvying up
the responsibilities.  Contrast that with the JPA 2.0 development effort,
and there was overwhelming community support and participation.  So, I
think there are a handful of us interested in a JPA 2.1 implementation, but
more participation is required.

Pinaki has went so far to create a sandbox and start experimenting with an
implementation.  Again, he's a one-man show and can't do it all.  Well, he
probably could, but it would require a bit of work...  :-)

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/sandboxes/21

Maybe we should resurrect that [DISCUSSION] topic, but I'm curious what
features of JPA 2.1 are of most interest to you?  Or, is it just a matter
of being consistent with the latest specification?

Thanks,
Kevin