openjpa-users mailing list archives

From rohitraghuwanshi <rohit.raghuwan...@gmail.com>
Subject XML ORM Mappings, where to define common Mapped Super Class?
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 23:27:16 GMT
Hello All,
    we have a common mapped super class which contains the common fields
(and id field) of many entities. The ORM of these entities have been defined
in their own xml mappings file.
Where and how should we declare the mapped super class? We tried defining it
in its own ORM mappings file but it doesn't seem to be getting read as
parent entity.
Should this be defined as an annotation based mapped super class? If so do
we need to include a
*<mapped-superclass class="my.mappedsuperclass.classname"
</mapped-superclass>*
 in all the orm xml files?

Thanks