openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to override the default openjpa persistence provider
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 16:59:22 GMT
> The reason is I want to override the EntityManager. In fact the EntityManager.persist()
method (way I could intercept a set of JPA calls without touching any
others like Entity classes ).
Have you investigated creating an orm.xml file which denotes a default
entity listener? From the JPA 2.0 SPEC -- Default entity listeners—entity
listeners that apply to all entities in the persistence unit—can be
specified
by means of the XML descriptor. I'd suggest downloading the JPA-2.0 spec
and reading through section 3.5.

This is 100% easier / better way to go than trying to override the OpenJPA
implementation.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> org.apache.juddi.config.PersistenceManager.getEntityManager(PersistenceManager.java:45)
> >>  at
> >>
> org.apache.juddi.config.AppConfig.getPersistentConfiguration(AppConfig.java:109)
> >> at
> org.apache.juddi.config.AppConfig.loadConfiguration(AppConfig.java:95)
> >>  at org.apache.juddi.config.AppConfig.<init>(AppConfig.java:62)
> >> at org.apache.juddi.config.AppConfig.getInstance(AppConfig.java:183)
> >>  at
> >> org.apache.juddi.config.AppConfig.getConfiguration(AppConfig.java:205)
> >> at org.apache.juddi.Registry.start(Registry.java:55)

> What

> calls
> have my
> will

> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.DataSourceFactory.newDataSource(DataSourceFactory.java:72)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.createConnectionFactory(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:844)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getDBDictionaryInstance(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:602)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.endConfiguration(MappingRepository.java:1510)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(Configurations.java:518)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(Configurations.java:443)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.PluginValue.instantiate(PluginValue.java:104)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.conf.MetaDataRepositoryValue.instantiate(MetaDataRepositoryValue.java:68)
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ObjectValue.instantiate(ObjectValue.java:83)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.newMetaDataRepositoryInstance(OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.java:968)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.getMetaDataRepositoryInstance(OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.java:959)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.makeReadOnly(AbstractBrokerFactory.java:638)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.newBroker(AbstractBrokerFactory.java:203)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBrokerFactory.newBroker(DelegatingBrokerFactory.java:156)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:227)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:154)
> >>>
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:60)
> >>>
> org.apache.juddi.config.PersistenceManager.getEntityManager(PersistenceManager.java:45)
> >>>
> org.apache.juddi.config.AppConfig.getPersistentConfiguration(AppConfig.java:109)
> org.apache.juddi.config.AppConfig.loadConfiguration(AppConfig.java:95)
> at

> subashsdm@gmail.com

> custom

> AccessController.doPrivileged(J2DoPrivHelper.getContextClassLoaderAction());
> >>>> >

> (PersistenceProviderImpl.class.isAssignableFrom(Class.forName(provider,

method.