openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Henno Vermeulen <he...@huizemolenaar.nl>
Subject found a bug in criteria API left join and a solution
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 14:06:10 GMT
Hello,

There is a bug in the Criteria API where a LEFT JOIN that follows another join (tested for
INNER JOIN) gets actual SQL that uses an INNER JOIN.
This was already reported by someone else as OPENJPA-2318 and OPENJPA-2317

I investigated the issue myself and created a small OpenJPA unit test. I also think that I
found the exact cause of the problem and the solution to it.
It's a simple matter of replacing two literal values of "false" that should probably have
been "allowNull" which is true in case of a left join.

Can someone confirm that this means the bug will be fixed in an upcoming release? I believe
it's a simple matter of perform this change and verifying that no existing tests are broken.

See my comments in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2318

Thank you,
Henno