openjpa-users mailing list archives

From José Luis Cetina <maxtorz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InvalidStateException
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 01:14:00 GMT
I could reproduce this problem easy in this project:
https://github.com/maxtorzito/openjpa.git.

You will see 2 files and 1 folder. The readme contains the
same instructions that you will see here below, the file ddl-dml-db
contains the required sql for create database/table/inserts, and the folder
contains the maven project for run it.

FOR RUN THIS PROJECT, JUST DO THIS STEPS IN pom.xml project

1) Create the database/users table/inserts using the ddl-dml-db file for
this. (MYSQL DATABASE)
2) mvn -DskipTests=true clean install (this will compile,enhance and
generate metamodel)
3) mvn tomee:run  (the server will start and you can see INFO - Server
startup in XXXX ms)
4) Acess the page using the browser and type
http://localhost:8080/jpatest-1.0-SNAPSHOT/index.xhtml
5) You will see 3 buttons, the first 2 buttons will fail, the third button
will work as expected.

Running the plugin will setup easily an Apache TomEE server with all
the necessary for run this "demo" (it will drop the mysql jar to lib folder
too)

**********The database parameter for connection are under
jpatest/src/main/tomee/conf/tomee.xml you will see this at the bottom. You
can change the username/password

<Resource id="ExampleDataSource" type="DataSource">
  JdbcDriver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  JdbcUrl
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jpa_test?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull&amp;rewriteBatchedStatements=true
  UserName developer
  Password developer
  JtaManaged true
</Resource>

The expected result is the first record of the table will update the
description from "USER ONE" to "NEW NICKNAME USING FIND", this only happend
when you click in the THIRD BUTTON.
Im not sure why the first 2 actions buttons failed, the only difference
between the first 2 method's its that they use criterias and jpql for
retrive the entity and the third method use the find entity manager method.

It is a maven project using apache tomee as "application server", it has a
plugin for run the project easily.

Please let me know if you have some troubles for reproduce it as well if
you could reproduce it.

Regards.

*SCJA. José Luis Cetina*