openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA has issues with table name "user" and Apache Derby database
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 20:37:48 GMT
Yes,

actually you have those reserved keywords in all database. A subset of
those is common across all, some are special in each.
But of course it does not mean that those strings are "forbidden" to use.
It simply means you have to escape them! (Or double quoting as the link to
the derby 10.8 docs say).

For example the word "open" is also a reserved keyword according to the
list. But of course you can name a column "open" in OpenJPA, because it is
somehow correctly escaped when the SQL is generated. "user" seems to be not
correctly escaped. That is the problem.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner