openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openjpa, maven and persistence.xml. help me please
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:59:21 GMT
Welcome to the OpenJPA project!  Depending on your environment, getting the
Enhancement processing to find your persistence.xml can be tricky
sometimes.  I'm assuming you have looked at the available documentation for
getting this setup properly [1].  The key is probably in the error message
you received:

"..Ensure that you have a
META-INF/persistence.xml file, that it is available in your classpath, or
that the properties file you are using for configuration is available."

The contents of your persistence.xml looks fine, so the issue is probably
with just finding your persistence.xml.  You have to ensure that this is
available via your classpath that is used for your enhancement processing.
With maven, it's sometimes useful to run with the -X option to see how your
properties, environment variables, and classpaths are getting setup.

Another idea that is simple is to use the javaagent approach for getting
the enhancement processing done.  This is especially useful for test
purposes, but can also be used for jse production usage.

Sorry that we don't have a definitive answer for you.  It looks like some
experimentation and understanding of your specific environment will be
required to get the enhancement done.  Good luck!  Please post back with
either success or continued issues.  Thanks.

This has nothing to do with your enhancement processing, but I would
suggest adding another property to your persistence.xml which will help
with foreign key processing:
value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)"/>

Kevin

[1]  http://openjpa.apache.org/entity-enhancement.html