openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Error in EntityManager.persist () if the database already contains a row with id=0
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:31:16 GMT
Are you indicating that if you remove the PART record with an id of 0 from
the database, then everything works just fine?  But, if you leave this
initial PART record with an id of 0, then you get the duplicate key
exception?  If that's the case and this PART with an id of 0 has to be part
of the dataset, then why not just start the id generation with a larger
number?  (That's what Albert's suggestion was, but he only replied to the
dev list.  BTW, if you post to multiple lists, then you need to monitor
multiple lists. It's just part of the game.  Thanks.)

Kevin

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:50 AM, Krishnaprasad Subbarao <
krishnaprasads@in.ibm.com> wrote:

> Attaching a smaller size example to due attachment size issues.
>
> I am using OpenJPA 2.2.1. I request you to copy the openjpa-all-2.2.1.jar
> and the database driver in to the lib folder before executing the sample.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> *KRISHNAPRASAD SUBBARAO*
>
> Software Developer, Cloud Platform (BSS), Industry Solutions, India
> Software Lab
>  ------------------------------
>  [image: 2D barcode - encoded with contact information] *Phone:*91-20-40117370|
> *Mobile:* 91--9096009911*
> E-mail:* *krishnaprasads@in.ibm.com* <krishnaprasads@in.ibm.com>*
> Chat:*[image: Google Talk:] krishnaprasad.su@gmail.com *
> Find me on:* [image: LinkedIn:
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/krishnaprasadsubbarao]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/krishnaprasadsubbarao>
>  *and within IBM on:* [image: IBM Connections:
> https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?key=af2eda97-7154-43de-9565-cd3a3213fc31&lang=en_us]<https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?key=af2eda97-7154-43de-9565-cd3a3213fc31&lang=en_us>
>
> [image: IBM]
>
> Tech Park One (panchshill)
> Pune, MH 411006
> India
>

> ----- Forwarded by Krishnaprasad Subbarao/India/IBM on 02/19/2013 02:12 PM
> -----
>
> From:        Krishnaprasad Subbarao/India/IBM
> To:        users@openjpa.apache.org,
> Cc:        users <users@openjpa.apache.org>
> Date:        02/19/2013 01:54 PM
> Subject:        Re: Error in EntityManager.persist () if the database
> already contains a row with id=0
>

> Hello Rick/Kevin,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> The mapping for *com.ibm.wdp.bss.party.entity.PartyObject* is defined in
> party.orm.xml. This contains a mapping       <version name=*"version"*/>for version
field used for optimistic locking.