openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for help in fixing an issue in build time enhancement
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:09:29 GMT
Hi,
The NPE is happening in the code where OpenJPA is attempting to enhance a
getter method.  It looks like OpenJPA is assuming that the metadata
associated with a field (attribute) is available, but for some reason it is
not.  So, either the POJO doesn't contain all of the required getter/setter
methods.  Or, some field is being marked as being persistent, but doesn't
have the required getter/setter methods.

Granted, an NPE is not good.  But, we would need to understand the scenario
a bit more before resolving that issue.  My guess is that even if we
resolved the NPE, there is something else wrong with the environment, POJO,
or configuration that will prevent the enhancement from completing as
expected.

If you can re-create this issue with a simple junit, then that would help
with deciphering the real error and hopefully figure out proper resolution.

Just curious...  What version of Java are you using?  Java 7 threw in some
wrinkles that didn't get resolved until OpenJPA 2.2.x.  But, you claimed
this also didn't work with 2.2.x, so maybe Java 7 is not in the picture.

Thanks,
Kevin