openjpa-users mailing list archives

From aroche <aro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting based on CriteriaQuery
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:07:25 GMT
Thats pretty much what I'm seeing. The query string probably isn't close
enough to JPQL to generate a delete query/update from.

Is there any other way in OpenJPA to execute a delete based on a
CriteriaQuery?
I know support for this is anticiipated in JPA 2.1 but need an interim
solution.

At the moment I'm looking at selecting back the IDs and feeding them into a
JPAQL update along the lines of: "DELETE FROM Entity e where e.id in (1, 2,

Any alternatives?

Thanks...