openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Venkataganesh Thoppae <tkvgan...@gmail.com>
Subject Read Only Query
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:53:16 GMT
Environment: OpenJPA 2.1 with Websphere 7.1/DB2.

When one user is attempting to update a table, and another user is
attempting to read the same table (with no intent to update), we are
running into OptimisticLockException.

If the read-only user used a native query with 'FOR FETCH ONLY with UR', we
are just fine. I am looking for an option with JPA which can impart the
same behavior, so far I have found none.

query.setReadLockMode() doesn't seem to work.

App Server isolation level is READ COMMITTED. And our tables are
non-versioned.

Any thoughts would be helpful