openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA + Native Query = Meta Data
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:33:57 GMT
Not that I am aware of...  Of course, OpenJPA has access to and utilizes
the metadata while processing the result set, but I don't see a means of
providing that metadata back to the application.  Since OpenJPA is
open-source, we always welcome new feature submissions...  :-)

One alternative that might work for you is to tie into OpenJPA's JDBC
Listeners [1].  If you tied into the post execute statement listener, you
could get access to the jdbc-related artifacts and do your own parsing of
the information.  Maybe not quite as easy as the eclipselink feature, but
would that provide the metadata you are looking for?

Kevin

[1]
http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/nightly.builds/apache-openjpa-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT/docs/docbook/manual.html#openjpa.jdbc.JDBCListeners