openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Farinacci <jie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openjpa-maven-plugin site
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:16:18 GMT
Hi Kevin,

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you further explain which openjpa-maven-plugin "site" you are referring
> to?

Yes, the Apache Maven openjpa-maven-plugin generated site. You refer
to it later, so no further explanation required here I think.

> On our maven enhancement page [1], we have a reference to this site
> documentation currently hosted by mikedd:
> http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/openjpa/openjpa-maven-plugin/

I didn't see it there, thank you for pointing it out!

> Is that what you referring to?  Or, is there something else you are
> requesting?  And, which "top level site" are you referring to provide this
> link?

I'd think that we'd want to make this a first class citizen. With
placement on the left navigation area of the main page[1], I've no
preference for which sub-section in that area. I would also think we'd
want to refer to it on the Documentation page[2], for each version of
OpenJPA that ships, the openjpa-m-p which is targetted for that
release.

[1] http://openjpa.apache.org/
[2] http://openjpa.apache.org/documentation.html

> [1]  http://openjpa.apache.org/enhancement-with-maven.html

Finally, thanks again for making me read more closely. That page you
refer mentions that we are looking for a proper home on the
openjpa.apache.org site to place the maven plugin documentation -- is
there a ticket to do this that I can follow? I think that other users
would also find it useful if the documentation was more of a proper
job instead of a see also kind of thing.

Thanks very much,
-Jesse