openjpa-users mailing list archives

From vitalyla <vitaly.lavrusev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EntityManager.clear() doesn't totally detaches an entity
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:49:45 GMT
Hello Kevin,

Thank you for a quick and prompt response. We are currently using OpenJPA
ver. 2.2.1

The problem that I am experiancing is simialar to the one described in the
link, *1.1.5.  Serialization of Entities*:
/". . . but when the same entity instance was serialized after calling
EntityManager.clear() the proxy classes were not removed."/ But in my case
there is no /serialization/ after call to /clear()/ API.

As for initialization, you are right. In general case it would be done
through mutator method but here we have design approach that doesn't require
form the user of domain model to explicitly instantiate the relation.
Example that I provided is simplified whilst real code is slightly more
complex in its accessor method implementation.