openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wolf <cwolf.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for OpenJPA docs - all links broken
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:52:15 GMT
Oh, ok, great.

Well, at the risk of changing the subject, what I was looking for was:
Does OpenJPA work like Hibernate
in terms of lifecycle?  For example, if I have a one-to-many
relationship between two related entity types and I persist
a new parent, (now it's "managed") and add a bunch of unmanaged new
instances of child entities to the
parent's child collection, then flush (or whatever the JPA equivalent)
the now "dirty" parent, will all those newly
added child entities be written to the database?

Thanks,

Chris