openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cannot persist m2m data, getting "ArgumentException: Attempt to cast instance xxx [java.util.HashSet]" to PersistenceCapable failed. Ensure that it has been enhanced."
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:33:49 GMT
Wow, I'm pretty confused here. Chris, did you subclass j.u.HashSet in an
attempt to get around the "Attempt to cast instance xxxx[j.u.HashSet]
message? If so, don't do that! Lets start off by getting rid of that
subclassing, and rid of the following properties from your persistence.xml.
Also, to remove a couple more variables, change the generation type for the
IDs to AUTO[2]. Once things are working, we can work on resolving the
generator issues.

Thanks,
Rick

[1]<mapping-file>META-INF/orm.xml</mapping-file>
<property name="openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses" value="supported"/>
<property name="openjpa.MetaDataFactory" value="jpa(Types=java.util.
ArrayList)"/>

[2]     @Id
    @GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.AUTO)

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Chris Wolf <cwolf.algo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rick,
>
> I know this is sick and wrong - but I sub-classed java.util.HashSet
> such that I was able to enhance that subclass
> and used it for my concrete collection field instances.
>
> Basically, I just did this:
>
> @Entity
> public class ORMHashSet<E> extends HashSet<E> {/* constructors */}
>
> I finally got rid of that annoying "Attempt to cast instance xxx
> [java.util.HashSet]" to PersistenceCapable failed." error,
> but now - a new problem (at least it's getting as far as calling
> comit() on the EntityManager)
>
> Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.ReportingSQLException:
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>  {prepstmnt 617013740 SELECT SEQUENCE_VALUE FROM
> OPENJPA_SEQUENCE_TABLE WHERE ID = ? FOR UPDATE [params=?]} [code=942,
> state=42000]
>

> Note that my two entities have specifically named @SequenceGenerator,
> so this error should not be related to those.
>
> I guess my hack of annotating ORMHashSet as an Entity provoked
> generation of some default sequence generator?
>
> I just thought I'd try a few last desperate things before resorting to
> going back to using Hibernate... ;)
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Rick Curtis <curtisr7@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Chris  -
> >
> > Please post your persistence.xml file also.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rick
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Chris Wolf <cwolf.algo@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> José,
> >>
> >> The plugin doc says you can have a comma-delimited list of classes,
> >> however, since
> >> enhancement on collection classes doesn't seem to work anyway - per
> >> your suggestion,
> >> I removed "java.util.ArrayList" and re-ran the "mvn openjpa:enhance"
> >> command.
> >>
> >> The result, as ever, is still:
> >>
> >> 771  openjpa  INFO   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Creating subclass and
> >> redefining methods for
> >> "[class java.util.ArrayList]". This means that your application will
> >> be less efficient than it would
> >> if you ran the OpenJPA enhancer.
> >> Exception in thread "main" <openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 fatal user
> error>
> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: No registered
> >> metadata for type
> >>  "class java.util.ArrayList". This can happen if this class has not
> >> been annotated as a
> >> persistent entity or specified in the persistence unit (ex: in the
> >> orm.xml).
> >>
> >> I wonder if anyone knows of a working example of many-to-many ORM using
> >> OpenJPA?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >>    -Chris
> >>

> >> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM, José Luis Cetina <
> [...]
as I mentioned,
  Are
> you
> >> able

JPA provider from

> org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.persist(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:671)

> the
work in an
> instant
> >> by
> be

and works:

> <artifactId>openjpa-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> >> >>> >> >> >
> >> <includes>mypackage/model/*.class</includes>

> <enforcePropertyRestrictions>true</enforcePropertyRestrictions>
> >> >>> >> >> >

> >> <connectionDriverName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</connectionDriverName>
> },
> >> >>> >> >> >
> <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>

> >> value="${db.url}"/>

in persistence.xml
> with

PCEnhancer on
> class

- Enhancer running
> on
> file:\C:\opt\jdk\jre\lib\rt.jar!\java\util\HashSet.class
label syntax is
> incorrect)
> >> >>> >> >> >>

> org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.launchRunnable(Configurations.java:744)

Wolf <

attempt to use
> OpenJPA.
 However, when I try to
> >> persist
via a link table, i.e.
> PersistenceCapable",
> >> in

plugin (called "Dali"
> or
OpenJPA configured
Java SE environment
> with
 I am using Sun/Oracle
> >> 64bit

to generate the entity
objects,
pasting the relationship
> >> code),
to persistence.xml

association to
> >> RiskFactor
getRiskFactors() {

association to
> >> MarketData
> >> >>> >> >> >> >
> @JoinColumn(name="RISK_FACTOR_ID",
> >> >>> >> >> >> >
> @JoinColumn(name="MARKET_DATA_ID",
getMarketData() {

implicit runtime

Ensure that it has been

has been enhanced." -
> >> which is
or the field

classes that were not
> >> enhanced
are loaded by the JVM.
(NOP) logger
> >> implementation
> >> http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinderfor
> >> OpenJPA
> >> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException:
>  Ensure

was loaded before the
> >> dynamic

enhancement via
> Maven,
> >> per

it finished with
> success,
> >> but
seemed to have be
> changed
 and
> re-running

was:

> >> <includes>**/entities/*.class,java.util.HashSet</includes>

> -javaagent:/opt/apache-openjpa-2.2.0/openjpa-all-2.2.0.jar

found here:

> http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/JPA-adding-entities-to-EntityManagerFactory-programmatically-td210697.html

> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_pc_enhance
> >> http://openjpa.apache.org/entity-enhancement.html)