openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wolf <cwolf.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cannot persist m2m data, getting "ArgumentException: Attempt to cast instance xxx [java.util.HashSet]" to PersistenceCapable failed. Ensure that it has been enhanced."
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:57:16 GMT
Thanks Rick - persistence.xml and orm.xml are attached...

   -Chris

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Rick Curtis <curtisr7@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris  -
>
> Please post your persistence.xml file also.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick
>

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Chris Wolf <cwolf.algo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> José,
>>
>> The plugin doc says you can have a comma-delimited list of classes,
>> however, since
>> enhancement on collection classes doesn't seem to work anyway - per
>> your suggestion,
>> I removed "java.util.ArrayList" and re-ran the "mvn openjpa:enhance"
>> command.
>>
>> The result, as ever, is still:
>>
>> 771  openjpa  INFO   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Creating subclass and
>> redefining methods for
>> "[class java.util.ArrayList]". This means that your application will
>> be less efficient than it would
>> if you ran the OpenJPA enhancer.
>> Exception in thread "main" <openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 fatal user error>
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: No registered
>> metadata for type
>>  "class java.util.ArrayList". This can happen if this class has not
>> been annotated as a
>> persistent entity or specified in the persistence unit (ex: in the
>> orm.xml).
>>
>> I wonder if anyone knows of a working example of many-to-many ORM using
>> OpenJPA?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>    -Chris
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM, José Luis Cetina <maxtorzito@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > And I think you don't have to set arraylist class or any java "native"
>> > class as enhance class. Only your entities have to be enhancement.

>> maxtorzito@gmail.com>
>> enhance

List not
>> with

  Are you
>> able

>> org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.persist(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:671)

>> by
JPA would be

works:

>> <includes>mypackage/model/*.class</includes>

>> <connectionDriverName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</connectionDriverName>

>> value="${db.url}"/>

PCEnhancer on class

Enhancer running on
syntax is incorrect)

>> org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.launchRunnable(Configurations.java:744)

when I try to
>> persist
link table, i.e.
to PersistenceCapable",
>> in

(called "Dali" or
Java SE environment with
I am using Sun/Oracle
>> 64bit

generate the entity
the relationship
>> code),

association to
>> RiskFactor
getRiskFactors() {

association to
>> MarketData
getMarketData() {

implicit runtime

that it has been

been enhanced." -
>> which is
or the field

that were not
>> enhanced
loaded by the JVM.
logger
>> implementation
>> http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinderfor
>> OpenJPA
>> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException:

loaded before the
>> dynamic

enhancement via Maven,
>> per

finished with success,
>> but
to have be changed
 and re-running

>> <includes>**/entities/*.class,java.util.HashSet</includes>

here:

>> http://openjpa.208410.n2.nabble.com/JPA-adding-entities-to-EntityManagerFactory-programmatically-td210697.html

>> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_guide_pc_enhance
>> http://openjpa.apache.org/entity-enhancement.html)