openjpa-users mailing list archives

From ljnelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build time Enhancement & Maven dependencies, persistence.xml
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 20:36:19 GMT
On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM, tcrisera [via OpenJPA] <
ml-node+s208410n7581637h79@n2.nabble.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.   I suppose I should explain why my manager had me
> look into this.   We wanted to know if we could have a dao project with
> generic JPA entity classes.   Then if we were going to build a web project
> that was going to specifically use OpenJPA as the provider, could pull in
> the dao project as a dependency in the Maven build and enhance the entity
> objects at that time.

Hi; you may be interested in either my jpa-maven-plugin project or my JPA
archetype.  See http://github.com/ljnelson for more.  Briefly, the first
lets you generate a list of entity class names at build time (so you can
get them injected into your persistence.xml file one by one, which is the
only truly portable way to do it), and the second sets up your Maven
environment for static weaving/enhancement.

Best,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson