openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy Spring" <tspr...@mhg.co.za>
Subject Any way to remove quote marks around generated sql for sybase schema?
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:33:13 GMT
Hi there,

I have a datasource associated with a schema, and wish to select from a
table on a different schema (to which I have access).

Something like:

SELECT name FROM SHARE.dbo.PROVINCE;

(The "dbo" portion is a Sybase requirement, I've been told by the DBA?
Whatever the case, the above works fine when run as is against sybase)

Anyway, using annotations on my entity class as follows:

@Entity
@Table(name="PROVINCE", schema="SHARE.dbo")

it generates sql with quote marks, eg:

SELECT name FROM "SHARE.dbo".PROVINCE;

Sybase hates this - is there any way I can configure openjpa to not
quote the schema part?

I had a look at the DBDictionary (and SybaseDictionary) docs, but
couldn't see anything that seemed appropriate?

Any help appreciated, please excuse any ignorance.

I'm using openjpa-2.2.0

Regards,
Timothy Spring