openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Persson <mailto.wo...@gmail.com>
Subject openjpa.RetainState
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 05:26:49 GMT
Hi.

We're looking into solving an read write problem we see in consistency with
the database. Our application is written depending on the database always
having the right values at all times. We have run openjpa for a while now
and had some consistency problems but we workes around them.

Now a colleague of mine found that changing the RetainState to false
actually turns off the EntityManager cache. We use the data and query cache
so it should not impact operations.

My question is if the statement of turning of the EntityManager cache is
correct and if so, why doesn't the manual inforn about this effect?

Best regards
Daniel Persson