openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jim Talbut <jtal...@spudsoft.co.uk>
Subject How to add children to disconnected entity?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:02:23 GMT
Hi,

I have a pair of entities: Assessment & AssessmentResults, with a
One-to-Many relationship (an assessment can have many results).
The Assessment is modified whilst disconnected (outside of a transaction).

Is there any way to have AssessmentResults added whilst the Assessment
is disconnected be persisted automatically when the Assessment gets merged?
Setting CascadeType.Merge doesn't seem to do it (I think that merges
existing children, not adds new children).

Thanks

Jim