openjpa-users mailing list archives

From garpinc <garp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate entry issue with multithreaded application
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:22:15 GMT
The problem occurs because the process is running in parallel (with unique
entity managers per thread) for performance reasons and may encounter the
same row because of interrelated data.

The reason i'm marking the fields as dirty is because the jpa object is a
wrapper around another object which contains the actual data. When that
wrappee is assigned then in order for the wrapper to know that the fields
have to be marked dirty

Where can you catch the PersistenceException? The exception occurs in the
commit where many interactions with the database are occurring. I don't want
to catch the exception around the commit. I want to catch it around the
individual statement.