openjpa-users mailing list archives

From <Praharsh_S...@DELL.com>
Subject Re: XML Column Mapping with PostgreSQL 8.3/9.1 ?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 03:42:47 GMT
Hi,

I am using postgres 9.1 which has XML type support for a column.

I am using openJpa 2.2.0.

What is required to do on JPA java model class so that the schema generates XML type column
?

Following I found while researching. Is it supported as I am not able to make it work.

Thx,
Praharsh

As you have discovered, not at the moment. When this support was first put
in, we knew that DB2, Oracle, and SQLServer all contained the XML column
support. If you are interested in PostgreSQL support, I would first suggest
opening a JIRA feature issue. And, better yet, maybe volunteer to do the
implementation? The OpenJPA project relies on experts from various fields
and products, so if you have some intimate knowledge of the PostgreSQL
support of XML column types, it would help the cause.

Thanks,
Kevin