openjpa-users mailing list archives

From garpinc <garp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: oracle clob exception
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:36:40 GMT
I'm using version 2.2.0.

The uniqueness of my situation is that i'm running in OSGI environment..

Basically I have a database bundle which has all the drivers and provides a
service the can supply a jdbc DataSource.

oracle.sql package is not exported.

Then I have a client bundle that configures OpenJPA with a datasource
provided by that service.

In order to not get the described exception I had to do an optional
dependency on the oracle.sql package which is not ideal since now the client
bundle has to know about the oracle driver bundle.

So I'm looking for some kind of workaround in JPA that would use the
DataSource class path instead to find the oracle.sql.CLOB object..