openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA Audit
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 09:17:09 GMT
Hello there Jim,

I was part of initiating that support for OpenJPA (Pinaki implemented it)
but I haven't used it myself yet. The reason is that I couldn't get the
class loading to work when running within OSGi. There is still an
outstanding issue regarding this:

What is your runtime platform? Also, does anyone know whether any progress
is made regarding class loading within OSGI? Many people prefer OpenJPA
over Eclipse and Hibernate because it works better in OSGi than those
projects. However, the OSGi support in OpenJPA is unfortunately very
fragile and really needs to be improved.

For me, the lack of OSGi support is very frustrating. OSGi is a requirement
for me and I really would like to use the new auditing functionality.

/Bengt

/Bengt