openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Verified database matrix (was: PostgreSQL 9.1 [Error :current transaction is aborted])
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:58:50 GMT
Hi Fredrik,
Good to know that Postgres v9.0 and v9.1 are working for you.  The OpenJPA
documentation could very well be out of date.  But, we do rely on
volunteers to perform testing and verification of the various database
versions.  Especially with the open-source database variations.

Due to the recent questions regarding Postgres on the mailing lists, I did
reach out to the developer that used to "maintain" the Postgres
DBDictionary.  Unfortunately, he has some new responsibilities and will not
be able to perform the verification that he used to perform for Postgres.
So, we are looking for a new volunteer...

OpenJPA has a large suite of JUnits.  By default, the test bucket is run
with Derby, but it is easily configurable to run with other databases.  If
anybody has the bandwidth to run the JUnit bucket against newer versions of
Postgres and follow-up with any incompatibilities, it would be greatly
appreciated!  And, then maybe we can get the documentation up-to-date...
:-)

Thanks,
Kevin