openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marco de Booij <mdeb...@scarlet.be>
Subject Re: AW: Postgres sequence: current transaction is aborted
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:42:04 GMT
Hi Kevin,

You answered for me but I want to clarify it for John.

The GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE only works for data in a table
(For a sequence you only need SELECT and UPDATE). The solution in
openJPA for the sequence involves a change in the definition of the
SEQUENCE. In PostgreSQL I have not found the way to grant this right so
the user that is used in the application must be the owner of the
sequence. In Oracle this is possible with GRANT ALTER. This is different
from the table solution that you mention. The table solution however is
more generic (and supports rollback) since not all databases support the
SEQUENCE.

Thanks for all the help. For me this thread is finished. I can now use
the SEQUENCE. I hope that in one of the next versions we can bypass this
ALTER SEQUENCE statement.

Regards,

Marco