openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Dinabandhu Mitra <dinabandhu.mi...@treetechnologies.net>
Subject Reversemappingtool -metadata package
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:30:27 GMT
Hello,

Can someone please explain what does -metadata package|class does?

My expectation was that the tool will generate a separate metadata files
for each package/class. However it is always generating a single orm.xml
file with fully qualified classnames.

However -metadata none option is actually supressing the generation of
orm.xml as documented.

The command I am using is -

java -classpath
c:\Libraries\apache-openjpa-2.2.0\openjpa-all-2.2.0.jar;c:\Libraries\postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar;.\src\META-INF

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.ReverseMappingTool -pkg my.testpackage -ann
true -d src -cp .\src\META-INF\custom.properties -md class .\schema.xml

And my custom properties puts classes in different packages --

employee.class-name: my.testpackage.employees.Employee

Is this the correct way of doing it? I would really want to have
separate mapping files generated on a per class/package basis.

Regards,
Dinabandhu