openjpa-users mailing list archives

From vinbr88 <vinb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Change value of primary key field
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 07:46:07 GMT
Thank you afryer for that helfpul explanation.
The User is and will never referenced by an other table. Therefore the
database allows changing username/primary key. I am not allowed to change
the tables, so I can't add an Id attribute for instance.

I didn't know that the EntityManager caches entities by primary key.
Changing the key would surely cause problems. So I solved my problem
deleting the user and adding the user again with new values.

Thank you for your help.