openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jason <jdr0...@renci.org>
Subject xml column type
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 16:25:04 GMT
Hi all,

I have an ORM class that has JAXB annotations in it as well as JPA
annotations.  When I run the openjpa-maven-plugin to create the schema,
the create sql statement has the correct column type (varchar) for a
particular entity.  Yet, during database creation, when I actually
initialized an EntityManager, OpenJPA tries to create that column in
question as an XML datatype.  I have the following in my persistence.xml:

       <property name="openjpa.jdbc.MappingDefaults" value="ForeignKeyDeleteAction=restrict,
JoinForeignKeyDeleteAction=restrict" />

       <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)"
/>

       <property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=TRACE, Runtime=TRACE, Tool=TRACE,
SQL=TRACE" />

       <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="postgres(SupportsXMLColumn=false)"
/>

I am using OpenJPA 2.1.1.

How do I tell OpenJPA to not use an XML datatype?

Regards,
Jason