openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: OpenJPA vs EclipseLink
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 14:53:53 GMT
Another such 'JPA performance test'I've seen was one using an Oracle database.

The funny thing was that it did NOT use any additional SQL other than the generated one.

Which means that ALL foreign key relations didn't have an Index set up! (Contrary to MySQL,
Oracle doesn't automatically create indices for foreign keys by default)

I'm not sure what I should think about a guy who is doing a 'serious' performance test without
even getting the DB indexes setup correctly ;)

I'll currently working on a blog article which describes how to make use of the openjpa-maven-plugin
and sql-maven-plugin to efficiently handle databases in big applications. Not sure if I get
it done before I travel to confess-2012 on sunday. Will keep you updated.

LieGrue,
strub