openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use WLS connection pool
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:43:52 GMT
Yes, that should be possible.  I'm not an expert with WebLogic, but I know
this can be done (and is encouraged) with WebSphere application servers.
Specifically, you would define your datasources in your persistence.xml
using the <jta-data-source> and/or <non-jta-data-source> elements.  These
would contain a jndi reference to the datasource as defined in your
WebLogic environment.  This way, you can take advantage of the datasource
configuration, management, and connection pooling as defined by WebLogic.
This is definitely the recommended approach when running in an application
server.

Good luck,
Kevin