openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New asm-dependency in OpenJPA 2.2.0?
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:40:20 GMT
Hi Dominik,
Yes, we did introduce a dependency on ASM for the 2.2.0 release via this
JIRA:

It looks like we remembered to update the combined jar
(openjpa-all-2.2.0.jar) with the asm class files, but we forgot to include
it in the lib directory of the apache-openjpa-2.2.0-binary.zip contents.
Can you verify that is the location you are referring to?  When you
mentioned your compile broke...  Which compile?  The compile of openjpa?
Or, the compile of your entity classes?  A maven build of openjpa should
pull down the dependency automatically.  Thanks for clarifying.

You are right, we probably should have highlighted this new dependency.

We might have re-visit the 2.2.0 release in order to include this
dependency in the lib directory.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Kevin