openjpa-users mailing list archives

From kostellodon <donald.g.koste...@citi.com>
Subject Lifecycle listener invoked on Query
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:26:04 GMT
I am using OpenJPA 1.2.3 in WebSphere 7.  I have an entity that I have added
an entity listener via annotation.  In the entity listener class, I have
defined PostPersist, PostUpdate, and PostRemove methods.

I am using a web service.  Within the web service lifecycle, there are two
different methods that deal with my entity object.  In one, I am just doing
a fetch by creating a query & invoking query.getSingleResult().  In the
other method, I am updating the object.  Both of these methods are causing
the lifecycle PostUpdate method to be invoked.  I believe that the second is
correct, but I'm not sure why PostUpdate is being called by the query.  My
understanding is that PostLoad only should be invoked.

The following is my stack trace from the invocation by the Query method
(AuditListener.updateCheck is my lifecycle PostUpdate method):

AuditListener.updateCheck(Object) line: 66
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Method, Object, Object[]) line: not
available [native method]
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 60
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 37
Method.invoke(Object, Object...) line: 611
BeanLifecycleCallbacks.makeCallback(Object, Object, int) line: 85
LifecycleEventManager.makeCallbacks(Object, Object, ClassMetaData, int,
Collection) line: 340
LifecycleEventManager.fireEvent(Object, Object, ClassMetaData, int) line:
302
BrokerImpl.fireLifecycleEvent(Object, Object, ClassMetaData, int) line: 690
StateManagerImpl.fireLifecycleEvent(int) line: 352
StateManagerImpl.afterFlush(int) line: 1008
BrokerImpl.flush(int) line: 2052
BrokerImpl.flushSafe(int) line: 1927
BrokerImpl.flush() line: 1698
QueryImpl.isInMemory(int) line: 956
QueryImpl.execute(int, Map) line: 838
QueryImpl.execute(Map) line: 779
DelegatingQuery.execute(Map) line: 525
QueryImpl(QueryImpl).execute() line: 254
QueryImpl(QueryImpl).getSingleResult() line: 317

Should this be happening?  Is there a way I can prevent it?

Don