openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pawel Veselov <pawel.vese...@gmail.com>
Subject changing specific openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 09:49:40 GMT
Hi.

I'm running OpenJPA (2.1.0) with Derby database.
The default dictionary doesn't have value for selecting values from
sequences.
So, I've added this to my persistence.xml:

<property
name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="NextSequenceQuery=&quot;SELECT NEXT VALUE FOR {0} from
SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1&quot;"/>

However, I understand that this will apply unconditionally. And if my
application, packaged as it is, is ever executed under another database,
the above line will override whatever is the default for the proper
dictionary.

So I was wondering whether it's possible to set a property like that for a
specific dictionary only. I tried doing that, but it didn't work:

<property
name="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary"
value="NextSequenceQuery=&quot;SELECT NEXT VALUE FOR {0} from
SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1&quot;"/>

Thank you!
  Pawel.