openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT maven plugin
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:23:30 GMT
On 13/01/2012 15:47, Mark Struberg wrote:
> Hi Francesco!
>
> If you use the openjpa-maven-plugin from OpenJPA itself then you don't need to add any
dependency!

> The new one uses openjpa-kernel, etc directly and not the 1-in-all openjpa (-all) bundle
anymore.
> Please try to remove the openjpa dependency as a first step.

Removed openjpa-all dependency from plugin, but still getting

[INFO] --- openjpa-maven-plugin:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT:sql (default-cli) @
syncope-core ---
Downloading:
file://${basedir}/internal-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa-lib/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-lib:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from/to
openjpa-internal (file://${basedir}/internal-repository): Repository
path /internal-repository does not exist, and cannot be created.

that "file://${basedir}/internal-repository/" shouldn't be
"${settings.localRepository}" instead? (just guessing...)

> ad logging:
>
> There are 2 mechanism included
>   a.) openjpa loggin
>   b.) the plugin logging from maven
>
> If running Apache Maven with the -X option (mvn -X openjpa enhance) changes the log output,
then you most probably hit b.).

> For running the PCEnhancer from inside the maven plugin we have the plugin classpath
(thus also its <dependencies>) plus the compile classpath (this is needed for the enhancer).
So any jar in your dependencies section of the openjpa-m-p should get picked up as well.

Ok, now I put some more dependencies in plugin definition:

                        <dependency>
                            <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
                            <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
                            <version>${slf4j.version}</version>
                        </dependency>
                        <dependency>
                            <groupId>ch.qos.logback</groupId>
                            <artifactId>logback-core</artifactId>
                            <version>${logback.version}</version>
                        </dependency>
                        <dependency>
                            <groupId>ch.qos.logback</groupId>
                            <artifactId>logback-classic</artifactId>
                            <version>${logback.version}</version>
                        </dependency>
                        <dependency>
                            <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
                            <artifactId>jcl-over-slf4j</artifactId>
                            <version>${slf4j.version}</version>
                        </dependency>

and SLF4J warning has disappeared: now I have to convince the plugin to
pick up my logback.xml instead of printing everything to stdout :-)

> hope that gives you a bit more info to continue your research - hope that helps.

Hey, I'm almost there: I only need to "migrate" L2 cache and statistics :-)

Thanks for your support.
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò